1. The Annual cost to train as a Pro Tennis Player is approximately $150,000 a year.
2. The take home pay if you win a futures tournament $10,000 is $910 for Women and $1,097.60 for men
3. To break even financially you must be ranked at least 119 on the WTA and 164 on the ATP tours.
4. The Average monetary value of a 4 year scholarship to a D-1 School is $360,000.
5. The Average Age of Men and Women Tennis Players are as Follows
Top 20 – Top 200 = 26 years old
Top 200 – 400 = 25 years old
Top 400-500 = 24 years old
Top 20 = 25 years old
Top 20- 100 = 24 years old
Top 100-200 = 23 years old
Top 200-500 = 22 years old
6. The Average professional tennis playing lifespan is approximately seven (7) years regardless of starting age.
7. Statistics show that most successful players follow the same line of progression and win at every level quickly. The levels are the following
a. ITF juniors
8 If you are an American Junior and only playing USTA and not playing ITF junior tournaments your chances of becoming pro is very limited.
9. it takes an Average 3 to 4 years to break into the top 100 after joining the professional tour.
10. The final fact is that it takes enormous efforts to become a professional and 4-6 hours a day at the least of training needs to be logged just to have a shot at becoming a professional tennis player.
If you have any questions about this list please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or join our mailing list and be updated on all new post surrounding this subject.