HBCU Tennis Programs Ranked by Funding
Tennis is not a revenue generating sport as a result you will find that budgets are usually very tight. This is true for the largest and top schools in the nation. HBCU’s will have even smaller budgets. I put this list together to help parents and potential students understand the limitations that exist as they begin their conversations with Coaches of these programs. The following universities and colleges are HBCU schools. The information source is Kaarme.com A college sports data site.
School Program Funding
|1. Hampton University
|2. South Carolina State
|3. Xavier University LA
|4. Delaware State Univ
|5. Howard University
|6. Florida A&M Univ.
|7. Norfolk State Univ.
|8. Bethune Cookman
|9. Morgan State Univ
|10. Alcorn State Univ
|11. North Carolina Central
|12. Shaw University
|13. Grambling Univ
|14. Winston Salem Univ.
|15. Alabama State Univ.
|16. Southern Univ *
|17. Alabama A&M
|18. Virginia State Univ
|19. North Carolina A&T
|20. Tennessee State Univ
|21. Benedict College
|22. Jackson State Univ
|23. Univ Arkansas Pine Bluff
|24. Prairie View A&M
|25. Fort Valley State Univ.
* Only has a women’s program
I hope this is helpful if you have questions email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Catholic Athletic Conference Tennis Championships 2012
Saturday October 6th 2012 the Girls Catholic Athletic Conference also know as the GCAC held its annual Girls Tennis Championships at Loyola Catholic. The tournament is the culminating tournament for the Chicago based Catholic conference. The participating schools were DeLasalle Institute, Loyola Academy, St Ignatius, Regina, Mother McCauley and Trinity. St Ignatius won the tournament for the second straight year. The team results are as follows.
- St Ignatius 26
- Loyola 23
- McAuley 9
- DeLaSalle 7
- Regina 6
- Trinity 4
1st singles was won by Michelle DeMeo Sr for St Ignatius. After falling behind to Khalia Powell of DeLaSalle Institute 5-2 in the first set she roared back to take the first set 7-5. She eventually took the Match 7-5 6-1 Khalia Powell Finished second for the second consecutive year.
2nd Singles was won by Bethany Lynch Sr for St Ignatius . She won relatively easy in straight sets against Hannah Post Sr for Loyola Academy. The final score was 6-0 6-3
- 1 Singles Winner Michelle Demeo Sr St Ignatius
- 1 Singles Finalist Khalia Powell Jr DeLaSalle Institute
- 1 Singles 3rd Place Hannah Nichols Sr Loyola Academy
- 2 Singles Winner Bethany Lynch Sr St Ignatius
- 2 Singles Finalist Hannah Post Sr Loyola Academy
- 2 Singles 3rd Place Blaze Bonko Fr DeLaSalle Institute
- 1 Doubles Winner Kate Ryan/ Carla O’Byrne St Ignatius
- 1 Doubles Finalist Jennie Gault/Nora Hughs Loyola Academy
- 1 Doubles 3rd Place Lauren March/Jamie Sweis McAuley
- 2 Doubles Winner Kristen Marren/Meridith O’Brien Loyola Academy
- 2 Doubles Finalist Lauren Wosnicki/Diane Casini St Ignatius
- 2 Doubles 3rd Place Kellen Dempsey/Lauren ZaK McAuley
- 3 Doubles Winner Casey Burns/ Laura Sanborn Loyola Academy
- 3 Doubles Finalist Maura Lynch / Margaret McPerrin St Ignatius
- 3 Doubles 3rd Place Julie Hammond / Adamcyzk Regina
For more information about the GCAC tournament please feel free to email me at email@example.com.